5 tips to improve your MySQL Database performance.
Hello. Are You Looking to be a MySQL Database Expert! You can be one, try out the tips below.
It’s easy to start using database, but still one need to fine tune to get the required performance. Like all relational databases, MySQL can be complicated to tame easily for most people. But, the truth is that most common steps often result in performance problems.
Is your MySQL Database performance not up to the mark?
Are you facing performance challenges with your MySQL Databases?
To ensure your MySQL databases provide stable and consistent performance and hum at top speed – here are a few tips for getting great performance,
- You need to know how your server is spending its resources and the best way to do it is to profile the server workload. By using workload profiling tools, you can see the operations that are slow and further tune your server.
- Universal Scalability Law explains scaling problems in two fundamental costs – serialization and crosstalk. By avoiding both, your applications can scale much better.
- Over-configuring servers and relying too much on server tuning tools can have inaccurate or even dangerous configurations coded into them eg., cache hit ratios and memory consumption formulae. These tools can be inaccurate as tend to give guidelines that do not make sense for specific use-cases.
- To avoid too many false positives alerts from monitoring systems, It is advisable to capture & save all the metrics and send alerts only on conditions that indicate a definite actionable issue. This will double down the monitoring and tone down the alerts.
- Performance optimization is a continuous process which requires the experts to validate, recommend, resolve the key events like
- Secure installation
- DB design as needed by the application
- Query optimization
- Locking mechanisms
- Replication / high availability topology
- Backup & restore
- Buffering & caching
We at IMSS can help you with a host of MySQL services including:
- On-demand Services
- Project Services
- MySQL Managed Services
- MySQL Audit Services